Friday, July 31, 2009

Shopping With a Friend

Last night I finally worked out which pair of shoes to wear with the first outfit. After dinner, I sat down at the computer to do some online shopping. My friend MB opened a chat with me on Facebook, and since MB has always had excellent taste in shoes, I enlisted her help. We visited all kinds of websites, and after taking a look at the photo in the previous post, she informed me that I was looking for the wrong color of shoes. She suggested khaki or cinnamon, to go with the skirt. (I have a closetful of black shoes, but have never been into browns.) I was on the verge of ordering a pair of cinnamon sandals, when I remembered an ancient pair of shoes that my Mom had handed me a few years ago. She had found them in my closet when they moved out of the old house, and for some reason she kept them and gave them to me. I stuck them at the back of my shoe shelf, and forgot about them until now. Although they undoubtedly date from my high school years, they are in perfect shape, and just needed a little dusting. I took a photo of them and sent it to MB, and she approved them. So, I have shoes to wear, and I didn't even have to spend any money! Plus I had a great time "shopping" with my friend :-)

No comments: