Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Unexpected Snags

Current mental soundtrack: "Mister Sandman" (I think this one is going to be stuck in my head for the next five months--very catchy tune!)

DH and I are going on a business trip this week, leaving tomorrow and returning Friday. This was scheduled at the last minute, but everything seemed to be going smoothly until tonight. My sister can stay with M (B is at camp all week), the other mom in the carpool can drive for us, and I am scheduled to be home in time for the Voci retreat on Saturday. Our plane tickets were booked yesterday, with us flying into a larger airport about two hours away from where we're going (saved ____ University about $1000). The plan was to rent a car and drive from the airport to the university tomorrow night.

DH just called at least a half dozen car rental agencies, and I checked both Travelocity and Expedia, and we got the same answer each time--not a single rental car to be found anywhere in the airport! We've never had that happen before! So, as he was starting to panic, I pointed out that his first appointment Thursday morning isn't until 10:00, and discovered there were plenty of cars available Thursday morning. (I have no idea why we couldn't get any of them ten hours earlier...) I booked us a hotel online for one night, he called the hotel we're supposed to be staying at to tell them we would be arriving the next morning, and we have a car confirmation in hand now. Whew!

The hotel I booked is one that we last stayed in thirteen years ago, when M was just a few months old. I wonder if they still have green sheets?

No comments: