Monday, February 28, 2011

Tra La La

S&P concerts this weekend went well! I was a little nervous coming into this set: I have not done much solo work in the past, preferring to hide in a quartet when I did sing. I ended up singing in three of the seven small groups that performed this set (probably because I was the only loooooow alto that auditioned, and Renaissance music was written for male altos), with some very exposed lines. I'm happy to report that the performances went well, and several fellow singers complimented me on my solos. Even better, a total stranger came up to me afterwards and told me how much she liked my voice! (Which one of you fans of SuperAlto paid her?)

I think I'll have to try out for a few more solos in the future. The hardest part is finding ones that suit my range, since most "alto" solos have too many high notes for me to sing comfortably.

No comments: