Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Beginning of the Season

I had a nice, relaxing weekend in Kansas City with my college friends C & M--just what I needed before the annual spring crunch begins. We stayed up late talking, had way too much to eat (including a lovely Easter dinner cooked by C's mom), and did a little shopping, mostly for the kids in our lives.

Yesterday morning I got up at 4:30 am CDT to catch a flight home, and finally finished my day around 10:30 pm PDT when I arrived home from S&P rehearsal. I couldn't stop yawning during the last hour of rehearsal, but I think I had a pretty good reason!

This is the beginning of the spring rehearsal & performance season at our house:

Tonight (April 14): M's school choir sings at educational foundation concert
April 18: Sacred & Profane House Music fundraiser
April 24: M's school musical (he's on tech crew)
April 25: M's school musical
April 26: M's school musical
May 1: B's school musical (I play in the pit, too)
May 2: B's school musical
May 15: B's spring ballet performance
May 16: B's spring ballet performance
May 16: Sacred & Profane concert
May 17: Sacred & Profane concert
May 23: M's school choir performance at MarineWorld
May 30: Voci concert
May 31: Voci concert

Plus two all-day choir retreats (4/18 and 4/25), a bunch of dress rehearsals for both choirs and ballet, B's birthday party on April 26th, and we have tickets to see Spamalot on Memorial Day weekend.

Off to Seussical rehearsal now!

No comments: