Friday, May 16, 2008

Too Darn Hot!

I'd like to sup with my baby tonight,
Fulfill the cup with my baby tonight.
But I ain't up to my baby tonight,
'Cause it's too darn hot.

A couple of weeks ago, I put together a group to sing Chris Allen's arrangment of "Too Darn Hot" from Kiss Me, Kate at the House Music concert. Apparently we were just a couple of weeks early. It is a little after 2:00 pm now, and 98°F at my house (80° indoors). Yesterday topped out at just under 100°, according to our wireless thermometer, and I'm curious what today will bring.

I am rethinking what I plan to wear to tonight's concert (see new "Upcoming Concerts" listing -----> ). Generally, when I sing with a group that doesn't have a uniform, I try to err on the side of formal and tasteful. However, long sleeves and a long black skirt are not looking like good choices for tonight. We have been given permission to go sleeveless tonight, but the only sleeveless black tops I own are decidedly on the casual side. (And I don't think a "little black dress" will do, either.) Maybe I'll just bring a wide selection of black clothing and see what the temperature is like inside the church.

No comments: