Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break

It's a glorious spring day: 70 degrees outside right now, blue sky, and I have the day off from work. I'm not sure WHY I have the day off from work--it says "Administrative Holiday" on the calendar. (Not that I'm complaining!)

It would be even nicer if the various educational institutions in the area could get their spring breaks synchronized. DH has spring break this week, which means he's not getting up early to teach that 8:00 am class. The kids are out early today, and off all next week, but their afterschool activities (ballet & fencing) break the week after next.

In garden news, the pink daffodils I planted last fall have started to bloom, and last night the first Dutch iris of the season opened (about a week earlier than last year).

   

No comments: