Friday, March 21, 2008

Salut Printemps!

After a week's hard work in getting our finances in order, I thought I deserved a little time off. So, on Tuesday, since the kids got out of school early, we had lunch at In-N-Out, then drove up to Fairfield for a free tour of the Jelly Belly factory. I highly recommend both of those stops :-)

My free time over the last two days was spent preparing music for various rehearsals. I subbed at a Voci rehearsal Wednesday night (as assistant director), and filled in again today (Thursday) as rehearsal pianist for the school musical.

I haven't been out to look at my garden since spring officially began late last night, but the last time I checked, there were a bunch of California poppy seedlings coming up in front of the fence, and the clematis I planted last fall has a bunch of new green shoots (it looked very dead all winter).

Oh, and those of you who have sung under my direction will probably recognize the title of this post. I just had the opportunity to sing it again a couple of weeks ago at the Voci fundraiser. Great piece!

No comments: