Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ships passing in the night

That's been my life with DH for the last two days. He's been involved in a board meeting, so he got up early and was out of the house before I opened my eyes. I, on the other hand, have been on a performance schedule, and have arrived home the last two nights after he was sound asleep (10:15 last night, 11:15 tonight). We had a thirty-second conversation yesterday evening as we exchanged cars & kids (I had the kids and the minivan, and he needed both to take his guests to dinner). Today's thirty-second conversation was in two parts: I got up early this morning as he was leaving, to remind him that I was dropping off M at his office in mid-afternoon; and about 10 minutes ago, when I got home, he woke up long enough to ask me how the concert went.

The concerts went pretty well, and my role as human pitch pipe wasn't as stressful as I was afraid it was going to be, so it looks like I'll be continuing in that role. Last night's concert was better, I thought--today a lot of us were tired, and as a group we simply lacked energy. We kept going flatter and flatter, even on pieces we had not previously had trouble with.

The flower cookies I made for the reception were very popular. I forgot to take a picture of them (yes, I'm a novice blogger), but they were little flowers with six petals, which I iced in pink, yellow, and blue. That's one of the reasons I was tired today: although I had planned ahead enough to bake the cookies Thursday night, I didn't start icing them until after last night's concert, so I didn't get to bed until after 1:00 am.

(This was actually composed on March 1st at 11:30 pm, but Blogspot wouldn't let me post it until now)

No comments: